.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

VKpedia

Life as I'm learning it

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, United States

"It little profits that an idle king, By this still hearth, among these barren crags, Match'd with an agèd wife, I mete and dole Unequal laws unto a savage race, That hoard, and sleep, and feed, and know not me."

Friday, June 02, 2006

Kalaignar turns 83

You may not agree with him; you may not like his views on many issues; you may not vote for him. But that doesn't take anything away from Kalaignar M. Karunanidhi, who turns 83 today.

This man, who started his journey in the small village of Thirukkuvalai in 1924, is still relentless. Just think of what those eyes would have beheld all these years - it's staggering!

Very few contemporary figures can rival him in his status as a Tamil icon. I salute you, Sir!

2 Comments:

Blogger Karthik said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/04/2006 11:40:00 AM  
Blogger Karthik said...

I solemnly agree.

6/04/2006 11:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home