.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

VKpedia

Life as I'm learning it

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, United States

"It little profits that an idle king, By this still hearth, among these barren crags, Match'd with an agèd wife, I mete and dole Unequal laws unto a savage race, That hoard, and sleep, and feed, and know not me."

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Awaiting Mr. 10000

As of this writing, VKpedia has received 9996 hits (of which a good number should be from a narcissist, whom my parents named Vijay Krishna). When I started out, I did not know that 40 people would care to look up my corner in Cyberia every single day.

I didn't realise I would be part (however small that might have been) of something as ground-shaking as Bloggers v/s IIPM. Never realised I would meet hundreds of new people - none of whom I have ever seen or spoken to. Yet, I have wondered how they would react to some news, incident or occurrence.

I remember, when I was in high school, I dreamed that I would be a great person some day, and I would have a website where I would put my thoughts and people who fall over each other and read it. In a way, therefore, my idea of blogging had started even before blogs first originated.

My first blog was christened Notes of a Nomad, rather appropriately I must say, because I subtitled it "a wanderlust in spirit". That fantasy ran for four weeks, after which I had decided that it was enough. Subsequent attempts should compete for stupidity awards. Then one fine day, I stumbled on the name VKpedia as a play on Wikipedia. I created a blog more to hog that name rather than with any other serious idea. The rest is his-story...

Blogging has been a learning experience through and through. I might not have been a devoted learner, but the new vistas this hobby has opened are boundless. You may not like it, dear reader, but I love blogging, and I will continue doing it!

10 Comments:

Blogger Karthik said...

Blog on!

2/22/2006 08:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That makes two of us, my dear friend for I love blogging too.

2/22/2006 01:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am late by 32 hits lol

2/22/2006 11:44:00 PM  
Blogger Kaps said...

Congrats VK! Wishing you more hits and superhits in the coming months.

2/23/2006 12:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on making it a huge success.

2/23/2006 01:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone. Your wishes, at the same time, both humble and inspire me.

2/23/2006 02:28:00 AM  
Blogger Aparna S Mallya said...

Way to go!

I was the 10049th visitor i guess.

2/23/2006 06:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats n keep it up. Its a little worrying that there is long gap these days between your posts. Many of your pals seem to think the same way. Any way it is still a record worthy of emulation. Blog on

2/23/2006 08:26:00 AM  
Blogger Karthee said...

Cool man Keep up the good work!. Nowadays I see less blogging but hope I can read some better stuff someday.

2/24/2006 05:14:00 AM  
Blogger Soumyadip said...

It's 10111 now. A nice number anyway.

2/25/2006 07:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home