.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

VKpedia

Life as I'm learning it

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, United States

"It little profits that an idle king, By this still hearth, among these barren crags, Match'd with an agèd wife, I mete and dole Unequal laws unto a savage race, That hoard, and sleep, and feed, and know not me."

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

And Sourav is an honourable man

Dear Greg,

There are certain times when I feel really disappointed. I can feel it because there is that sinking sensation in the heart, that empty feeling. Whenever I feel cheated, ignored or slighted, I can sense it. I feel that way now. For you.

What is there for me to say, that others haven't already? That we Indians are only fit to be losers? That our sick attitude to work makes unworthy of a professional like you? That despite all the outcry and criticism, the Board and their pet captain are the eventual winners? And in protecting that crybaby, the Board has indirectly branded you a villain? That cricket is the loser?

I feel ashamed that I have followed this sport, run by power-hungry monsters like Jagmohan Dalmiya. And his Rabri-like puppet, Ranbir Singh Mahendra. And if they walk about calling themselves Indians, I would be ashamed to reveal my nationality.

Please accept these sincerest regrets, from this powerless fan who belongs to the lot of the millions who have been let down. Greg, you are a champion! But Sourav is an honourable man!

Best wishes,
Vijay Krishna

P.S.: Greg, it always pays to read The Godfather. You would have realized the fruitlessness of all your efforts if you were richer by this line: "I have no intention of placing my fate in the hands of men whose only qualification is that they managed to con a block of people to vote for them..."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear Hear

The Godfather has lines that are so apt to so many situations in life that I find it a minefield of quotable quotes...Good job VK !!

Keep penning

9/29/2005 10:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They call such works a 'Kaala Kanidham' meaning a work that can predict a happening through logic. I loved that quote.

KG.

9/30/2005 09:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ranbir Singh MAhendra is Dalmiya cement's poodle. avanga rendu perayum thorathitta india-la cricket-a kaapathidalam

9/30/2005 10:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ranbir Singh MAhendra is Dalmiya cement's poodle. avanga rendu perayum thorathitta india-la cricket-a kaapathidalam

Shankey

sorry ba... per poda marandhutten.. athaan rendu comment... onnutha delete pannikko.. :-)

9/30/2005 10:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home