.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

VKpedia

Life as I'm learning it

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, United States

"It little profits that an idle king, By this still hearth, among these barren crags, Match'd with an agèd wife, I mete and dole Unequal laws unto a savage race, That hoard, and sleep, and feed, and know not me."

Friday, December 02, 2005

See, I told you

Another game of cricket in Chennai. Another rainy day. Another day lost. Something's definitely wrong with the Chepauk!

2 Comments:

Blogger Venkat C said...

Vijay,
You have a great blog here.
But,about this specific post, I see the whole MSM concerned abt the cricket match getting washed out. And I see the tendency among bloggers too. Giving due credit to cricket, shouldn't we concerned about the lakhs of people in chennai who are going without power for last 24 hours along with flooded roads and homes?
Though I am far away from chennai now, I feel so worried about my family back home and you being right there (I guess so??), I thought you would be worried about other things than cricket :-).
Just a thought. Keep up the good work.

- venkataprasad

12/04/2005 12:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Venkat, thanks for visiting my blog.

As for the post on cricket, it was intended only in a lighter vein. It is not that we are unconcerned about the other (real) damages that the rains have caused.

However I am doubtful what I can do with my blog to help the affected populace. I won't post pictures of rain-affected roads, and wailing people, because the MSM is already doing it, and it is kinda voyeuristic to do it.

Slamming the government is useless. They are trying their best to alleviate our misery. We may not pleased with what they are doing, but surely they do not deserve brickbats.

12/04/2005 12:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home