.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

VKpedia

Life as I'm learning it

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, United States

"It little profits that an idle king, By this still hearth, among these barren crags, Match'd with an agèd wife, I mete and dole Unequal laws unto a savage race, That hoard, and sleep, and feed, and know not me."

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

My first date, with mom!

Yesterday, my cousin went on his first date. Not surprising, though he is 27. The surprising part is he took his mom along. Hold on, you're yet to hear the worst part - the girl he was dating brought her mom along too! Upon meeting, the two of them exchanged solemn vows that they liked each other, and that they would end up marrying each other. And then went out on the date. Hmmm...

And I always thought you first went out with someone, and after sometime - when the guy thought that he was spending too much - he would pull out the wedding ring.

There are some advantages of being a Tam-Brahm. But there are quite a few perils too, identity ideological crisis being one of them!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The 27 appeared as 23 to my eyes.

12/08/2005 08:13:00 PM  
Blogger Venkat Ramanan said...

Are you talking about a betrothal as a date?? funny :))
Anyhow, we hear of such arranged marriages at one end and also of extreme 'unofficially" arranged marriages at the other end...
and, regarding identity crisis, why don't yu rant about that in detail? I didn't quiet get the small picture, though I got the big picture :)
Cheers!

12/08/2005 11:13:00 PM  
Blogger ada-paavi!!!! said...

ROFTL, adukku mela nothing to say

12/09/2005 04:00:00 AM  
Blogger Sheks said...

long time no c!how're u?

nalla dating technique-a irukku.inime me follow!

12/09/2005 07:44:00 AM  
Blogger Anand K said...

parents on first date?? adede!!

12/28/2005 09:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home