.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

VKpedia

Life as I'm learning it

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, United States

"It little profits that an idle king, By this still hearth, among these barren crags, Match'd with an agèd wife, I mete and dole Unequal laws unto a savage race, That hoard, and sleep, and feed, and know not me."

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The God of Small Things

[This post is a blatant boast... an expression of my conceit... a vent to my vanity]

Yesterday, we had a team meeting - a kick-off meeting for a really crucial release that is coming up in a few months' time - so critical, it is considered a make or break. After the initial formalities like context setting, appraising members of the criticality of the release, and some introductions, the project plan was dished out.

To my surprise, I found that I had been made an anchor for one part of the project!!! Easily the best thing that has happened to me in quite some time... considering that this is my first job, and I haven't completed one year in the company! I can now command - nay - work with two other people who will constitute my team.

Life is such a great balancer. It gives you something to brag about, but always rolls it up with lots of responsibilities. Spare a thought for God, the Omnipotent. I wonder how he manages the infinite power which brings along with it infinite responsibilities. Surely at least for that, we must salute the Almighty!

To my regular readers: I might not post frequently in the coming days and weeks. After all, an anchor like me has so much work to do. Gotcha! -:)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All's fine, but where is the boast? The conceit? The vanity?

7/03/2005 11:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home