.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

VKpedia

Life as I'm learning it

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, United States

"It little profits that an idle king, By this still hearth, among these barren crags, Match'd with an agèd wife, I mete and dole Unequal laws unto a savage race, That hoard, and sleep, and feed, and know not me."

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Those who can, do; those who can't, teach!

Britain's numero uno, Tim Henman, was knocked out of Wimbledon on Thrusday. Personally, I could never have thought of him as a champion - not an addition to names like Connors, McEnroe, Becker or Sampras. Probably he was never meant to be.

A dejected Henman leaves Centre Court Posted by Hello


Some news channel commented that it was time for Henman to concentrate on coaching and assisting younger talents, so that Britain could produce a champion tennis player in the future. Given the fact that I have been under the tutelage of some really inspiring teachers, I consider the saying "Those who can, do; those who can't, teach" a travesty. But Henman can forget all that and inspire a clutch of conquerors. Maybe we already have one in Andrew Murray.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/funny_old_game/robbo/4626353.stm

My favorite columnist's take on Murray, Tim and all things remotely connected to Brits who can wield a raquet.....Fiendish wit but deligtful to read :-)

6/29/2005 12:06:00 AM  
Blogger Vik said...

Tim H was never a credible threat in tennis. But given the UK's lack of tennis talent, they had to hype him up into something although he was never a real contender to the likes of Sampras, Agassi, etc.

But I agree that he may have some experiences which are useful for the next gen of players in England. Although I remain skeptical of the UK ever becoming a powerhouse of any kind in tennis.

Great blog btw.

Thanks,
A
http://www.thecrorepati.com

7/01/2006 07:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home