.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

VKpedia

Life as I'm learning it

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, United States

"It little profits that an idle king, By this still hearth, among these barren crags, Match'd with an agèd wife, I mete and dole Unequal laws unto a savage race, That hoard, and sleep, and feed, and know not me."

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Who will it be?

Trivia time. What connects J.K. Rowling, Steve Jobs, Bono, Pope Benedict XVI, Mother Nature and The Google Guys? Need more names? George Dubya Bush, Bill and Melinda Gates...

They are all in the running for the TIME Person of the Year 2005. Like many other things with the media, the decision would have been taken already, but TIME has put up an online poll, where you and I can vote. Others in the running are Condoleezza Rice, Rick Warren, Valerie Plame and Lance Armstrong.

I voted for the Google guys because of the technological revolution they have brought about, and making their brand synonymous with the term "Search". Without them, the web wouldn't have been half as interesting.

However, they are currently placed 5th with 3% of the votes. Rowling tops the list with 62%, followed by Bono (14%) and Mother Nature (8%).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would vote for Condi. Rowling's nomination is just too much

11/17/2005 10:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home